Fund Accountant will be working on Client Onboarding and Transition Team and will not have direct client responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work with Client Service Teams throughout the onboarding process to ensure that Gen II’s automated reporting system is utilized
- Examine and analyze historic accounting records to assess accuracy and completeness.
- Create mapping files to ensure all accounts from the client’s historic books are mapped correctly to Gen II’s chart of accounts and transaction types
- Perform extensive checks to upload templates confirming that the data ties to the client’s last reported Financial Statements and Partner’s Capital Statements
- Liaise with Gen II’s IT, Reporting, and Development teams to create client-specific reports that are needed
- Attend weekly internal onboarding/transition calls to provide updates and walk-through open items
- Train new employees on onboarding/transition procedures and requirements
- Document new processes
- Educate Client Service Teams
Job Requirements, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- Must have 1+ years of experience in private equity or hedge fund accounting position
- Experience with multiple alternative client’s is preferred