New York City based Private Equity Fund Administration Firm is looking for an Associate Director – Accounting Applications Trainer to develop and deliver technical training and facilitate the usage of new technology across the Firm.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
- Deliver training to existing and new hires on proprietary accounting applications
- Conduct seminars, workshops, and individual training sessions, both live and virtual
- Test new application enhancements for implementation release
- Able to navigate technology with ease
- Work across functions to understand training needs and able to anticipate technical opportunities
- Able to interface effectively across all management levels
- Assist with communicating system enhancement needs of Client Service team to Technology Development
- Support the continued advancement of system utilization within the Client Service teams
- Act as a liaison and key communication facilitator between the Client Service teams and the Technology development team
- Propose and implement training solutions to help teams transition to new technology
Job Requirements, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting – Public/Private CPA Preferred
- 5+ years of Private Equity Fund/Investment Company Accounting & Reporting experience
- Sound knowledge of Investment Company Accounting, Fund Structure (Corporate, Partnership, Tax Blockers, etc. within an Organization Chart)
- Sufficient knowledge and hands on experience with governing documents, such as LPAs, Mgmt. Advisory Agreements, Side Letters, Separate Fee agreements, etc.
- Excellent facilitation skills, prior experience training a plus
- Hands on experience accounting/audit of private equity funds (including blockers, Parallel, SPV, AIV, Co-Investment Vehicles) management companies, and other related vehicles
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Superior problem solving, judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Extensive Microsoft suite skills – Excel (pivots), Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Willingness to travel as needed
About The Company:
Gen II Fund Services, LLC is one of the largest global independent private equity fund administrators, administering over $400 billion of private capital on behalf of its clients with offices in New York, San Francisco, Boston, Stamford, Dallas, and Luxembourg. Gen II offers private fund sponsors a best-in-class combination of people, process, and technology, enabling fund sponsors to most effectively manage their operational infrastructure, financial reporting, and investor communications. The Gen II team is the most experienced and longest tenured team in the private equity fund administration industry, with broad expertise across buyout, funds of funds, real estate, energy, infrastructure, credit, co-investment, hybrid funds, feeder funds, venture capital, retail, and managed accounts.
- Administering over $400B in assets
- Servicing nearly every significant investor in the asset class
- Institutional grade infrastructure and SSAE 18 (SOC-1, Type 2) certification, ensuring confidence in our processes and operating model
- The most experienced and best performing team in the industry
All applicants applying to Gen II Fund Services, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States.