This is an exciting opportunity to work on a broad range of data protection related matters of the established entity in Luxembourg but also be involved in tasks and projects associated with the Gen II global data protection function. The role reports to the Global Data Protection Officer based in Luxembourg.
You will collaborate actively with different functions within the company and have training opportunities to further grow in your role.
- Contribute to the drafting of templates, data protection addenda, privacy statements, consent forms, policies and procedures as well as other related documents for data protection governance and accountability.
- Maintain and update the Record of Processing activities for the Gen II entities globally, while monitoring personal data flows.
- Perform Legitimate Interest Assessments, Data Protection Impact Assessments and Transfer Impact Assessments.
- Review and negotiate data protection provisions in client and vendor contracts.
- Assist with the privacy by design due diligence exercise for all new projects or IT tools.
- Monitor and document project progress and prepare reporting.
- Keep up to date with privacy developments around the world.
- Perform any other tasks entrusted to you by the Data Protection Officer.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects such as contract remediation for compliance with recent regulatory requirements (notably the Modernized Standard Contractual clauses for international data transfers) as well as upcoming legislation updates (e.g. CPRA).
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EDUCATION
- Master’s degree in Law or a similar qualification.
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in data protection or a related field.
- Sound knowledge of privacy and data protection regulations such as the GDPR.
- Skills in drafting of contractual documentation as well as data protection related documents.
- Understanding of the processing operations carried out by a fund administration
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Fluent in English, any other language is considered as an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including contributing to and being part of a strong team spirit.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in process and procedures in a rapidly changing environment.
- Superior problem solving, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to produce deliverables of high quality whilst handling multiple different files.