This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the established Luxembourg entity and become a key member of our team further developing the business. The role sits within the Depositary team and reports to the Depositary Manager.
As an Officer you will be mainly focused on the “day-to-day” tasks, delivering the different reports, escalating issues, providing and preparing the checklists when the tasks are done. You will be responsible for the quality of and evidence of the controls conducted. Depending on your background and experience, you will be allocated to cash monitoring and reconciliation program.
EXAMPLE YEAR ONE OBJECTIVES
- Contribute to the Group strategy and business growth
- Build the required knowledge to conduct the tasks and controls
- Work with clients and the business to ensure timely delivery of day to day responsibilities
- Annual review of process and procedures to improve business efficiency
- Work with clients, auditors, fund managers and the business to ensure timely delivery of day to day responsibilities
- Support the on-boarding of new depositary clients/mandates by delivering risk assessment reports (when starting a new relation);
- Provide regular feedbacks on the result of the control activities to the Management of the Depositary Services in order to initiate the regulatory required escalation process to the AIFM;
- Perform daily tasks like Cash Flow Monitoring and transaction follow-up;
- Monitor the reports from FA, AIFM and 3rd parties (assist in the oversight of the different service providers of the funds);
- Reconcile portfolios of assets and take part of the audit of funds by answering the fund auditors.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EDUCATION
Hold a Bachelor/Master degree in Accounting/Finance with preferably a proven experience of minimum 2-3 years ideally in an accounting firm, an audit company or any relevant Fund Administration entity servicing funds in the E.U.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Fluency in English, any other language is considered as an asset
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in process and procedures in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including contributing to and being part of a strong team spirit
- Client-oriented with ability to build strong relationships with internal and external parties
- Ability to work autonomously, taking full ownership of assigned responsibilities with a commitment to delivering high quality work
- Excellent organizational skills complemented by a “can do” attitude
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work under pressure
- Ability to analyse and apply a large volume of technical data, and translate into simple language for a non-specialist audience