NYC-based Fund Administration firm is looking for a Business Development Director to focus on new business opportunities primarily from the private equity and private real estate sector. The position will report to the principal – Business Development and will have specific revenue objectives. This role will be located in Boston with the opportunity to pursue relationships if they are outside the MA area.
· Generate new business for the firm through the creation of new opportunities with existing newly forming Private Equity and Private Real Estate firms
· Identify opportunities to sell administration services to Private Equity firms seeking to improve their operational processes and workflows
· Develop and maintain a network of relationships with industry centers of influence, including audit, tax and legal advisory firms, consultants, limited partners, investment bankers, and other advisors
· Attend industry networking events and conferences
· Keep track of new industry, legal and fiscal developments, anticipate changes in the target market’s needs, and translate this into opportunities for the firm.
Job Requirements, Skills, Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Demonstrated learning agility and self-motivation
· Experience with Salesforce as a sales tool
· Ability to work both individually and within a group structure
· Able to assist in creation and execution of targeted outreach efforts
· Base knowledge of the private real estate and private equity industry
· Prior sales experience is an important asset
· Salary will be a combination of base plus commission and is commensurate on experience and success.