NYC-based Fund Administration firm is looking for a Business Development Director to focus on new business opportunities primarily from the private equity and private real estate sector. The position will report to the principal – Business Development and will have specific revenue objectives. This role will be located in Boston with the opportunity to pursue relationships if they are outside the MA area.
- Generate new business for the firm through the creation of new opportunities with existing newly forming Private Equity and Private Real Estate firms
- Identify opportunities to sell administration services to Private Equity firms seeking to improve their operational processes and workflows
- Develop and maintain a network of relationships with industry centers of influence, including audit, tax and legal advisory firms, consultants, limited partners, investment bankers, and other advisors
- Attend industry networking events and conferences
- Keep track of new industry, legal and fiscal developments, anticipate changes in the target market’s needs, and translate this into opportunities for the firm.
Job Requirements, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated learning agility and self-motivation
- Experience with Salesforce as a sales tool
- Ability to work both individually and within a group structure
- Able to assist in the creation and execution of targeted outreach efforts
- Base knowledge of the private real estate and private equity industry
- Prior sales experience is an important asset
- Salary will be a combination of base plus commission and is commensurate on experience and success.