The role sits within the Client Services department, reporting to the Manager. The main in activities of the department are:
OPERATIONS: record the daily operations of the funds and their GPs (target calls/distributions, investor calls/distributions, banks reconciliation, invoices)
ACCOUNTING AND TREASURY: prepare monthly cash dashboard, ensure daily cash management, prepare the NAV package in order to, prepare the consolidation package and,
REPORTING: prepare the investor reporting, prepare ad-hoc reporting requested by clients
- Manage workflow and coordinate with Manager / business unit lead on the delivery of client planning and delegating tasks to team members.
- Coordinate the internal processing and review of all client specific deliverables, ISAE 34-02 controls, and procedures for the team.
- Actively participate in weekly calls with clients. Lead on some daily calls as required
- Review journal entries, including cash and non-cash transactions. Perform a thorough, detailed review of trial balance, supporting work papers, waterfall schedules, preferred return calculations, IRRs, and financial statements. Coordinate preparation of and / or prepare more complex transactions
- Perform a thorough, detailed review of capital events activities and sign offs on agreed level of activity, including capital call allocations & notices, capital distribution allocations & notices.
- Validating complex capital calls and allocation of distributions and performing a thorough, detailed review of all internal client deliverable checklists required for quality control, including fund governing document economic summary.
- Coordinate the preparation of the consolidation package for internal group reporting
- Manage clients’ annual audit and tax processes,
- Perform a thorough review of the quarterly work papers and quarterly financial statement package (financial statements, capital accounts statements and investor reports) including footnotes for assigned entities.
- Ensure proper fund setup (coordinating with Director / Managing Director accordingly), including and not limited to financial statements, dashboards, footnote disclosures, waterfalls, and management fee calculations. Utilize Gen II’s best practices and latest technology in fund setup.
- Review and validate management fee schedules, including management fee offsets.
- Coordinate ad hoc requests as needed (e.g. audit confirms, LP requests – tying out client / investor information to Gen II data).
- Review the new client onboarding and fund setup
- Train, coach, and manage team members. Participate in evaluating talent by providing constructive, actionable feedback and performance reviews. Escalate staffing concerns. Participate in hiring processes.
- Seek and implement process & procedure improvements to avoid future QC & client questions and comments.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- BAC+3 in accounting, finance or a similar recognized accountancy qualification
- 7+ years of relevant experience in private equity fund administration in Luxembourg
- Fluent in English (verbal and written communication), any other language is considered an asset
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, any knowledge of eFront would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of Luxembourg corporate laws and structures, any specific PERE sector knowledge (e.g. SOPARFI, SICAR, SIF, RAIF, SLP) is considered an asset
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in process and procedures in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including contributing to and being part of a strong team spirit
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Superior problem solving, judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in team and autonomously
- Strong management and organizational skills complemented by a “can do” attitude
- Lead by example and demonstrate firm values
- Result-orientated with a sense of responsibility and commitment to delivering quality work
- Ability to work autonomously, taking full ownership of assigned responsibilities