JOB TITLE: Client Services Assistant Manager
DEPARTMENT: Client Services
Gen II Fund Services is one of the largest global independent private equity fund administrators covering $350 billion of private capital on behalf of its clients. The business has over 500 employees with offices in New York, Stanford, Boston, San Francisco in the United States and now a European base through the Luxembourg office.
The Gen II team is the most experienced and longest tenured team in the private equity fund administration industry, with broad expertise across buyout, funds of funds, real estate, energy, infrastructure, credit, co-investment, hybrid funds, feeder funds, venture capital, retail and managed accounts.
THE LUXEMBOURG BUSINESS
In December 2019 Gen II completed the acquisition of Quilvest Luxembourg Services, with Quilvest Private Equity remaining as a client of the newly established Gen II Luxembourg Services. The business offers Private Equity and Real Estate administration services, supporting over $5 Billion of assets and providing Gen II US clients with the capability to have a Luxembourg base of operations and trusted partner in Europe.
The role sits within the Client Services department, reporting to the Manager. The main in activities of the department are:
OPERATIONS: record the daily operations of the funds and their GPs (target calls/distributions, investor calls/distributions, banks reconciliation, invoices)
ACCOUNTING AND TREASURY: prepare monthly cash dashboard, ensure daily cash management, prepare the NAV package in order to, prepare the consolidation package and,
REPORTING: prepare the investor reporting, prepare ad-hoc reporting requested by clients
- Manage workflow and coordinate with Manager / business unit lead on the delivery of client planning and delegating tasks to team members.
- Coordinate the internal processing and review of all client specific deliverables, ISAE 34-02 controls, and procedures for the team.
- Actively participate in weekly calls with clients. Lead on some daily calls as required
- Review journal entries, including cash and non-cash transactions. Perform a thorough, detailed review of trial balance, supporting work papers, waterfall schedules, preferred return calculations, IRRs, and financial statements. Coordinate preparation of and / or prepare more complex transactions
- Perform a thorough, detailed review of capital events activities and sign offs on agreed level of activity, including capital call allocations & notices, capital distribution allocations & notices.
- Validating complex capital calls and allocation of distributions and performing a thorough, detailed review of all internal client deliverable checklists required for quality control, including fund governing document economic summary.
- Coordinate the preparation of the consolidation package for internal group reporting
- Manage clients’ annual audit and tax processes,
- Perform a thorough review of the quarterly work papers and quarterly financial statement package (financial statements, capital accounts statements and investor reports) including footnotes for assigned entities.
- Ensure proper fund setup (coordinating with Director / Managing Director accordingly), including and not limited to financial statements, dashboards, footnote disclosures, waterfalls, and management fee calculations. Utilize Gen II’s best practices and latest technology in fund setup.
- Review and validate management fee schedules, including management fee offsets.
- Coordinate ad hoc requests as needed (e.g. audit confirms, LP requests – tying out client / investor information to Gen II data).
- Review the new client onboarding and fund setup
- Train, coach, and manage team members. Participate in evaluating talent by providing constructive, actionable feedback and performance reviews. Escalate staffing concerns. Participate in hiring processes.
- Seek and implement process & procedure improvements to avoid future QC & client questions and comments.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- BAC+3 in accounting, finance or a similar recognized accountancy qualification
- 7+ years of relevant experience in private equity fund administration in Luxembourg
- Fluent in English and French (verbal and written communication), any other language is considered an asset
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, any knowledge of eFront would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of Luxembourg corporate laws and structures, any specific PERE sector knowledge (e.g. SOPARFI, SICAR, SIF, RAIF, SLP) is considered an asset
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in process and procedures in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including contributing to and being part of a strong team spirit
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Superior problem solving, judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in team and autonomously
- Strong management and organisational skills complemented by a “can do” attitude
- Lead by example and demonstrate firm values
- Result-orientated with a sense of responsibility and commitment to delivering quality work
- Ability to work autonomously, taking full ownership of assigned responsibilities