JOB TITLE: Accounting and Operations Officer
DEPARTMENT: Accounting and Operations
Employing Company: Gen II Luxembourg Services S .à r. l.
Gen II Fund Services is one of the largest global independent private equity fund administrators covering $350 billion of private capital on behalf of its clients. The business has over 500 employees with offices in New York, Stanford, Boston, San Francisco and Dallas in the United States and now a European base through the Luxembourg office.
The Gen II team is the most experienced and longest tenured team in the private equity fund administration industry, with broad expertise across buyout, funds of funds, real estate, energy, infrastructure, credit, co-investment, hybrid funds, feeder funds, venture capital, retail and managed accounts.
THE LUXEMBOURG BUSINESS
In December 2019 Gen II completed the acquisition of Quilvest Luxembourg Services, with Quilvest Private Equity remaining as a client of the newly established Gen II Luxembourg Services. The business offers Private Equity and Real Estate administration services, supporting over $5 Billion of assets and providing Gen II US clients with the capability to have a Luxembourg base of operations and trusted partner in Europe.
- Perform daily cash reconciliations, ensuring transactions are settled in a timely manner
- Book daily transactions in the internal accounting system within agreed portfolio timescales
- Monitor and manage outstanding / overdue payments
- Ensure all supporting documentation is received and filed as per internal procedures
- Prepare, book and send capital calls and distributions to investors (including the preparation of legal documentation)
- Collect, process and control capital calls and distributions received from target investments
- Collect, analyze and reconcile target capital account information
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements
- Liaise with external providers to provide documents supporting the preparation of tax returns (CIT, MBT, NTW and VAT)
- Provide any information requested by internal teams or clients promptly and smoothly
- Other day-to-day administrative tasks as required
- Assist senior team members in annual, semi-annual and quarterly closing activities, preparation of the NAV in accordance with waterfall models, including reconciliation of balance sheet and profit & loss accounts
- Prepare annual accounts for basic funds including relevant required disclosures and ensure that all local regulatory and accounting standards are met. Preparation of any required adjustments between Luxembourg GAAP and IFRS or US GAAP
- Assist with year-end audits including preparation of relevant files and issue resolution
- Preparation of the consolidation package for internal group reporting
- Ensure Quilvest Luxembourg Services S.A. best practices and key policies are applied, and any significant issues are brought to the mangers attention
- BAC+3 in accounting, finance or a similar recognized accountancy qualification
- Good knowledge of Luxembourg corporate laws and structures, any specific PERE sector knowledge (e.g. SOPARFI, SICAR, SIF, RAIF, SLP) is considered an asset
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including contributing to and being part of a strong team spirit
- Result-orientated with a sense of responsibility and commitment to delivering quality work
- Ability to work autonomously, taking full ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Excellent organizational skills complemented by a “can do” attitude
- Fluent in English (verbal and written communication), any other language is considered an asset
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, any knowledge of eFront would be an advantage