Manager – Boston, MA
New York City-based Private Equity Fund Administration Firm is looking for a Private Equity Fund Accounting Manager to manage Private Equity fund clients.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work closely with the Director/ Managing Director managing daily Fund Operations
- Manage the operations and accounting of an existing fund independently
- Ability to interface and manage a client/ business with limited guidance
- Familiar with LPA and other Governing documents. Able to extract key economics, compile, and document a thorough Summary with limited guidance
- Able to supervise, manage, and direct a small accounting staff, if required
- Oversee and provide guidance on the initial set up of the Clients Funds deliverables (capital calls, distributions, financial statements, waterfalls, IRRs) and perform thorough, in-depth review and sign off prior to Director/Managing Director review
- Perform multiple levels of review/analyses of Financial Reports/Capital Events and Private Equity Complex Transactions (depending on client and team)
Job Requirements, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting – Public/Private CPA Preferred
- 7+ years of relevant Private Equity Fund/Investment Company Accounting & Reporting experience
- Ability to learn on the job quickly, apply learning to clients and recommend solutions to issues
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in processes and procedures in a rapidly changing environment
- Sound knowledge of Investment Company Accounting (ASC 946), Economics (Waterfalls and Allocations), Fund Structure (Corporate, Partnership, Tax Blockers, etc. within an Organization Chart) / Investor Classifications
- Sound knowledge of types of Reporting for Investment Funds / Investment Companies and Investors in US GAAP (ASC 946) and IFRS Ability to Prepare and review
- Sufficient knowledge and hands-on experience with governing documents, such as LPAs, Mgmt. Advisory Agreements, Side Letters, Separate Fee agreements, etc.
- Hands-on experience accounting/audit of private equity funds (including blockers, Parallel, SPV, AIV, Co-Investment Vehicles) management companies, and other related vehicles
- Management and supervisory experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Superior problem-solving, judgment, and decision-making skills
- Ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Extensive Microsoft suite skills – Excel (pivots), Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
The salary range for this position is $90,000-$170,000, in addition to a discretionary bonus and comprehensive benefits package. Please note that the actual salary offered within that range will depend on the candidate’s experience level.
All applicants applying to Gen II Fund Services, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that all US employees are required to work a hybrid schedule, comprised of two (2) days a week in our office and three (3) days remotely.