New York City-based Private Equity Fund Administration Firm is looking for a Private Equity Fund Accounting Manager to manage Private Equity fund clients.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work closely with the Director/ Managing Director managing daily Fund Operations
- Manage the operations and accounting of an existing fund independently
- Ability to interface and manage a client/ business with limited guidance
- Familiar with LPA and other Governing documents. Able to extract key economics, compile, and document a thorough Summary with limited guidance
- Able to supervise, manage, and direct a small accounting staff, if required
- Oversee and provide guidance on the initial set up of the Clients Funds deliverables (capital calls, distributions, financial statements, waterfalls, IRRs) and perform thorough, in-depth review and sign off prior to Director/Managing Director review
- Perform multiple levels of review/analyses of Financial Reports/Capital Events and Private Equity Complex Transactions (depends on client and team)
Job Requirements, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting – Public/Private CPA Preferred
- 7+ years of relevant Private Equity Fund/Investment Company Accounting & Reporting experience
- Ability to learn on the job quickly, apply learning to clients and recommend solutions to issues
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in processes and procedures in a rapidly changing environment
- Sound knowledge of Investment Company Accounting (ASC 946), Economics (Waterfalls and Allocations), Fund Structure (Corporate, Partnership, Tax Blockers, etc. within an Organization Chart) / Investor Classifications
- Sound knowledge of types of Reporting for Investment Funds / Investment Companies and Investors in US GAAP (ASC 946) and IFRS Ability to Prepare and review
- Sufficient knowledge and hands-on experience with governing documents, such as LPAs, Mgmt. Advisory Agreements, Side Letters, Separate Fee agreements, etc.
- Hands-on experience accounting/audit of private equity funds (including blockers, Parallel, SPV, AIV, Co-Investment Vehicles) management companies, and other related vehicles
- Management and supervisory experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Superior problem solving, judgment, and decision-making skills
- Ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Extensive Microsoft suite skills – Excel (pivots), Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook