The candidate will be responsible for managing a team of 5-7 staff accountants, detailed review of all Financial Statements and supporting workpapers of the Private Equity management company clients, responsible for review of all monthly, quarterly, annual client deliverables and adherence to the firm’s Quality Control procedures, assist in the development of new firm procedures and features to enhance workflow, efficiency and documentation, work with clients to develop budgets and forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Candidate should have a combination of public and private accounting experience (8-10 Years), Alternative Investments and / or Corporate Accounting experience is preferable.
- Working knowledge of Job/ Project Cost accounting
- Consolidation experience required, experience consolidating non-US subsidiaries preferred.
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processing experience. Experience with Form 1099-MISC preferred.
- Must be proficient in the understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other Comprehensive Basis’ of Accounting (Experience with Income Tax Basis accounting strongly preferred)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Be able to plan, organize, assign, review and evaluate the work of professional staff
- Assist in training, hiring of staff, employee evaluations and other personnel decisions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to multitask and work with auditors, tax accountants and other team members
- CPA preferred, but not required