NYC based firm is looking for an Associate Director for our Quality Control and Accounting Group within Fund Accounting Administration.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
Quality Control – Private Equity Funds Administration- Client Deliverables
- Work closely with the Principal, Managing Director and Director of Quality Control Department (“QC Manager”)
- Help manage and perform the daily workflow for the QC team, based upon the complexity of the underlying work
- Communicate progress, issues and status of reviews to the Client Service Teams (“CSTs”) and work closely with stakeholders to manage expectations and ensure review deadlines are met. Escalate issues as needed
- Support and coach other QC team members during the first level review of deliverables
- Conduct initial reviews for higher risk and/or more complex deliverables
- Assist the QC Manager with the review of key fund economics and organizational structure for new clients as outlined in the limited partnership agreements, management company agreements, organizational charts, side letter agreements and other related governing documents
- Identify and proactively raise accounting and reporting concerns determined during the review process with the QC Manager and CSTs
- Propose resolutions and provide accounting guidance, best practices and examples to the CSTs
- Maintain the QC client control database for accuracy and completeness.
- Conduct research of technical accounting and industry updates, new accounting pronouncements and market trends
- Contribute to the preparation and issuance of a firm wide bulletin with the latest accounting and regulatory updates
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of technical training to the firm
- Assist in the review, analysis and presentation of QC review data
- Other project/administration related work for the QC Department as needed.
Job Requirements, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting – public/private experience and CPA Preferred. IFRS knowledge beneficial
- 5+ years of relevant private equity fund/private equity fund-of-fund/investment company accounting and reporting experience
- Hands on experience in accounting/audit of private equity funds (including blockers, splitters, parallel vehicles, SPVs, AIVs, co-investment vehicles), private equity fund-of-funds, management companies, and other related vehicles.
- Sound knowledge of investment company accounting under ASC946 (including financial reporting for investment funds / fund-of-funds / investment companies and investors), private equity fund economics (waterfalls and allocations), fund structures (corporate, partnership, tax blockers, etc.)
- Ability to interpret and apply the key provisions of fund governing documents (eg LPAs, mgmt. advisory agreements, side letters, separate fee agreements etc)
- Ability to learn on-the-job quickly and apply the experience to resolve problems
- Ability to adapt to changes in processes and procedures in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail (identifies inaccuracies); ability to problem solve.
- Ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong with Microsoft suite (Excel, Work, Power-point, Outlook, and Others).
About The Company:
Gen II Fund Services, LLC is one of the largest global independent private equity fund administrators, administering over $400 billion of private capital on behalf of its clients with offices in New York, San Francisco, Boston, Stamford, Dallas, and Luxembourg. Gen II offers private fund sponsors a best-in-class combination of people, process, and technology, enabling fund sponsors to most effectively manage their operational infrastructure, financial reporting, and investor communications. The Gen II team is the most experienced and longest tenured team in the private equity fund administration industry, with broad expertise across buyout, funds of funds, real estate, energy, infrastructure, credit, co-investment, hybrid funds, feeder funds, venture capital, retail, and managed accounts.
- Administering over $400B in assets
- Servicing nearly every significant investor in the asset class
- Institutional grade infrastructure and SSAE 18 (SOC-1, Type 2) certification, ensuring confidence in our processes and operating model
- The most experienced and best performing team in the industry
All applicants applying to Gen II Fund Services, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States.