Senior Fund Accountant – New York, NY
New York City-based Private Equity Fund Administration Firm is looking for a Senior Fund Accountant to provide accounting services including preparation and processing of transactions and financial statements with supporting schedules and work papers.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
- Examine and analyze accounting records to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting standards
- Review work papers, prepare call and distribution letters, calculate carried interest, and allocate profits and losses in accordance with Fund Governing Agreement with special allocations for blocked or tax-exempt Partners
- Prepare Consolidated Financial Statements with footnotes
- Analyze investment documents and properly set up investment structures including holding companies, AIV, and blockers
- Calculate current and deferred tax expense/benefits and related deferred tax assets/liabilities
- Train new employees and assist with new fund transition and/or set up
Job Requirements, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- Must have working knowledge of consolidations with non-controlling interest
- Must have working knowledge of realized and unrealized waterfall allocations
- Must have 2+ years of experience in a private equity fund accounting position
The salary range for this position is $80,000-$115,000, in addition to a discretionary bonus and comprehensive benefits package. Please note that the actual salary offered within that range will depend on the candidate’s experience level.
All applicants applying to Gen II Fund Services, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States.