Senior Fund Accountant will be responsible for providing accounting services including preparation and processing of transactions and financial statements with supporting schedules and work papers.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
- Examine and analyze accounting records to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting standards
- Review work-papers, prepare call and distribution letters, calculate carried interest, and allocate profits and losses in accordance with Fund Governing Agreement with special allocations for blocked or tax-exempt Partners
- Prepare Consolidated Financial Statements with footnotes
- Analyze investment documents and properly set up investment structures including holding companies, AIV’s and blockers
- Calculate current and deferred tax expense/benefit and related deferred tax assets/liabilities
- Train new employees and assist with new fund transition and/or set up
Job Requirements, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- Must have working knowledge of consolidations with non-controlling interest
- Must have working knowledge of realized and unrealized waterfall allocations
- Must have 2+ years of experience in a private equity fund accounting position
About The Company:
Gen II Fund Services, LLC is one of the largest global independent private equity fund administrators, administering over $400 billion of private capital on behalf of its clients with offices in New York, San Francisco, Boston, Stamford, Dallas, and Luxembourg. Gen II offers private fund sponsors a best-in-class combination of people, process, and technology, enabling fund sponsors to most effectively manage their operational infrastructure, financial reporting, and investor communications. The Gen II team is the most experienced and longest tenured team in the private equity fund administration industry, with broad expertise across buyout, funds of funds, real estate, energy, infrastructure, credit, co-investment, hybrid funds, feeder funds, venture capital, retail, and managed accounts.
- Administering over $400B in assets
- Servicing nearly every significant investor in the asset class
- Institutional grade infrastructure and SSAE 18 (SOC-1, Type 2) certification, ensuring confidence in our processes and operating model
- The most experienced and best performing team in the industry
All applicants applying to Gen II Fund Services, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States.