New York City based Private Equity Fund Administration Firm is looking for a Senior Fund Accountant will be working on Client Onboarding and Transition Team and will not have direct client responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
- Guide/ instruct Client Service Teams throughout the onboarding process to ensure that Gen II’s automated reporting system is utilized
- Read relevant sections of the Fund Governing Agreement and help with allocations and waterfall models
- Examine and analyze historic accounting records to assess accuracy and completeness.
- Review mapping files to ensure all accounts from client’s historic books are mapped correctly to Gen II’s chart of accounts and transaction types
- Perform extensive checks to upload templates confirming that the data ties to client’s last reported Financial Statements and Partner’s Capital Statements
- Liaise with Gen II’s IT, Reporting and Development teams to create client specific reports that are needed
- Attend weekly internal onboarding/transition calls to provide updates and walk-through open items
- Train new employees on onboarding/transition procedures and requirements
- Evaluate new technology
- Document new processes
- Educate Client Service Teams
Job Requirements, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- Must have 2+ years of experience in a private equity or hedge fund accounting position
- Experience with multiple alternative client’s is preferred
About The Company:
Gen II Fund Services, LLC is one of the largest global independent private equity fund administrators, administering over
$400 billion of private capital on behalf of its clients with offices in New York, San Francisco, Boston, Stamford, Dallas, and Luxembourg. Gen II offers private fund sponsors a best-in-class combination of people, process, and technology, enabling fund sponsors to most effectively manage their operational infrastructure, financial reporting, and investor communications. The Gen II team is the most experienced and longest tenured team in the private equity fund administration industry, with broad expertise across buyout, funds of funds, real estate, energy, infrastructure, credit, co-investment, hybrid funds, feeder funds, venture capital, retail, and managed accounts.
- Administering over $400B in assets
- Servicing nearly every significant investor in the asset class
- Institutional grade infrastructure and SSAE 18 (SOC-1, Type 2) certification, ensuring confidence in our processes and operating model
- The most experienced and best performing team in the industry
All applicants applying to Gen II Fund Services, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States.