THE ROLE AND DEPARTMENT OBJECTIVE
The role sits within the Quality Control Department, reporting to the Manager. The main objective of the Quality Control Department is to work closely with the Client Service Team to maintain Gen II Luxembourg Services reputation (and that of our clients) through the performance of high level, risk-focused reviews on all material investor-facing deliverables in order to reduce the risk of error. The Quality Control Team also provides guidance on best practices, the application of GAAP, and the interpretation of clients’ governing documents. In addition, the department is accountable to support general Business Control governance, including internal issue management and our ISAE certification reviews.
- Manage workflow and coordinate with Client Service Managers / business unit leads on the client activity planning.
- Perform independent, high level, risk-focused reviews of all investor facing deliverables: Capital Call allocation and notices, Distribution allocation and notices, Financial Statements, Capital Account Statements, etc.
- Oversee new Fund set up, perform deep analysis of fund governing documents and review of client reporting pack and working papers: carry or management fee calculation, preferred return computation, waterfall schedule, IRR, etc.
- Follow up with Client Service Managers the resolution of the issues identified during the Quality Control review.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures, by reviewing the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of the checklists prepared by Client Service Teams.
- Provide assistance in ISAE3402 oversight and SOC1 audit coordination.
- Provide to Client Service Team technical guidance and advice on best practices.
- Document and analyze Quality Control review observations to drive improvement, by providing feedback and organizing trainings to Client Service Team.
- Maintain Issue Log and oversee the implementation of corrective measures.
- Oversee process & procedure improvements and coordinate annual review process.
- Train, coach, and manage team members. Participate in evaluating talent by providing constructive, actionable feedback and performance reviews. Escalate staffing concerns. Participate in hiring processes.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- BAC+3 in accounting, finance or a similar recognized accountancy qualification
- 7+ years of relevant experience in audit or private equity fund administration in Luxembourg, work experience in one of the Big Four audit firms would be an advantage
- Fluent in English (verbal and written communication), any other language is considered an asset
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, any knowledge of eFront and Intacct would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of Luxembourg corporate laws and structures and specific PERE sector knowledge (e.g. SOPARFI, SICAR, SIF, RAIF, SLP)
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in process and procedures in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including contributing to and being part of a strong team spirit
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Superior problem solving, judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in team and autonomously, taking full ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Strong management and organisational skills complemented by a “can do” attitude
- Lead by example and demonstrate firm values
- Result-orientated with a sense of responsibility and commitment to delivering quality work