Senior Compliance Officer M/F
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the established Luxembourg entity and become a key member of our team further developing the business. The role sits within the Compliance Department, which currently consists of five employees reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer.
As Senior Officer, you will work with the Assistant Manager (AM) and Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) to assist on the day-to-day legal and regulatory deliverables of the business. You will be mainly focused on due-diligence and ongoing monitoring processes of clients, investment vehicles and vendors, as well as supporting the team in CRS/FATCA reporting and on the implementation of the new compliance tool. You will also be called to contribute to the preparation and review of AML-CTF reports and the implementation of the Compliance Monitoring Plan notably in performing independent reviews of the different areas of the business. You ensure that GenIILS operates in a legal and ethical manner while achieving its business goals.
EXAMPLE YEAR ONE OBJECTIVES
- Ensure that the due-diligence and ongoing monitoring processes of clients, investment vehicles and vendors are performed in a timely manner and that KYC packs are up-to-date.
- Support the CCO and AM in ensuring the successful and adequate implementation of the Compliance Monitoring Program.
- Work with clients and the business to ensure timely delivery of day-to-day responsibilities including, inter alia, the FATCA/CRS reporting and 3rd party due-diligence requests.
- Support the implementation of the new compliance tool.
- Support the CCO and AM to ensure the successful implementation of the various compliance projects
- Ensure the continuous review of policies, processes and procedures to improve business efficiency
- Be recognised as an expert in FATCA/CRS
- Take primary responsibility in the onboarding and periodical due-diligence of clients, investment vehicles and assets.
- Participate in the day-to-day operational delivery of Compliance functions for the company.
- Assist in identifying and monitoring regulatory requirements and market trends, which may impact the business activities.
- Support and, where appropriate, drive the process of business transformation and digitization.
- Ensure proper handling of FATCA/CRS client delivery
- Ensure the update and maintenance of current and future systems used by the Compliance Department and GenIILS.
- Prepare and review due-diligence requests from third parties e.g. AIFM, Depositary, etc.
- Support the performance of name matching and monitoring vis-à-vis targeted financial sanctions lists.
- Participate in process standardization and improvement discussions.
- Any other tasks entrusted to you by your Manager.
- Pro-actively keeping yourself informed about AML-CTF laws and regulations and participate regular trainings.
- Graduate in Business, Economics or Law with a sound technical knowledge of AML/KYC and taxation reporting.
- Understanding of EU/Luxembourg laws, regulations and market standards.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluent in English, any other language is considered as an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive contributor to a strong team spirit.
- Client-oriented with ability to build strong relationships with internal and external parties.
- Ability to work autonomously, taking full ownership of assigned responsibilities with a commitment to delivering quality work.
- Excellent organizational skills complemented by a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work under pressure.
- Ability to analyse and apply a large volume of technical data, and translate into simple language for a non-specialist audience.