Streamlining Treasury Operations: The Role of Treasury Management Software
Updated on: September 25, 2023
Effective treasury management is essential to maintain financial stability, optimize cash resources, manage financial risks, and make informed financial decisions to support growth and profitability. When a fund’s treasury operations lack centralization it leads to inefficiencies, increased risks, and limited visibility into the fund's overall cash position. Furthermore, manual processes for cash forecasting, bank reconciliations, and payments are time-consuming and prone to errors. Gen II recognized the need for a comprehensive treasury management solution to optimize its treasury operations, mitigate risks, and enhance financial decision-making.
Treasury management software enhances the efficiency, accuracy, and security of financial operations for private equity firms, enabling them to make better-informed decisions and manage risk effectively in a competitive financial landscape.
Hazeltree software provides innovative cloud-based treasury solutions to investment management firms, delivering enhanced transparency, liquidity, improved performance, and risk mitigation.
- Increased Controls & Security – Standardized treasury processes utilizing a centralized platform with workflows, segregation of duties, access control, and audit logs. Hazeltree will securely store all settlement instructions for all payees.
- Cloud Based Computing – allows you access to transactions anywhere at any time to approve or view the most up-to-date information related to your pending or completed transactions. This allows for quicker release of transactions and reduces time to research transactions.
- Electronic communication with banking partners - utilizing the SWIFT messaging network, Gen II will be able to electronically communicate with participating financial institutions for streamlined money movement, eliminating the need for you to log into banking platforms to initiate, release, or view transactions.
- Streamlined Reconciliation – utilizing Hazeltree’s cash reconciliation module, Gen II will be able to efficiently reconcile bank-to-book transactions, alerting you to irregularities in a timely fashion.
- Consolidation of Operations – Gen II has formed a Treasury Operations team to centrally manage all funds transfers on one team. The team will serve as a single point of entry for all payment execution as well as updating and maintaining standing settlement instructions, further securing the money movement process. We expect this centralization of functions will allow the accounting teams to focus on more core responsibilities for our clients.
For more information about Gen II’s implementation of HazelTree, please contact your Gen II Client Service Fund Manager or Matthew Cammer at MCammer@gen2fund.com
Published on: September 25, 2023